Monday, July 23, 2012

Introducing the Budgie

They are so popular because they are easier to take care of than any other bird. They are members of the parrot family. And they are very small. The first people who kept budgies bred them to make different colors. Budgies are native to Australia and in the wild they are green with yellow heads. The picture below will tell you how to tell the difference between male and female budgies.
Budgies are also called: 
Budgerigar
Parakeet

Note: if you are getting a budgie, make sure you get at least two budgies. Budgies need the company of other budgies.


2 comments:

  1. I don't have anything to say about budgies.
    Well, they are cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had two Budgies when I was a little girl. One when I lived in Massachusetts and then another when I lived in Hawaii. I named them both Petie.

    ReplyDelete